Covid-19 PCR Travel Test - With Fit to Fly Certificate
The test-kit comes with a submission detail form, swab & tube, barcode stickers and prepaid return shipping bag/box to returns to our certified labs. Your sample is analysed by our lab to confirm the presence of coronavirus (COVID-19). We aim to deliver your result within 24-72 working hours of your sample being received by our laboratory.
PREPARE TO TAKE THROAT SAMPLE
Wash your hands carefully before you start. Then unpack the kit onto a clean surface.
- First take the throat swab. Open the swab packet and pull out the swab.
- Wipe the soft tip of the swab around the back of your throat as shown in the diagram. Stand in front of a mirror. Open your mouth wide and stick out your tongue – you will see an arch at the back of your mouth. Try to swipe the soft tip of the swab across the five areas in the picture as below.
Rub the swab several times across the very back of your throat, behind the arch. This may make you gag but should not be painful. Ensure you also swab the sides of the arch where your tonsils protrude. Try to avoid swabbing your tongue and teeth.
NEXT, TAKE THE NOSE SAMPLE (using same the swab)
- Need to blow the nose, to clear the nasal passages, before taking the nasal swab
- Place the tip of the cotton bud gently JUST inside one of your nostrils and gently wipe the cotton bud around the inside of your nose. Please repeat this for your other nostril using the same swab. No force is needed and you do not have to push far into your nostril.
- Once you have taken both swabs, place the soft tips of the swabs into the collection tube and break off the ends (at the breaking off point where the swab stick is thinner). Close the lid on the bottle.
Please avoid touching the cotton bud tip with your hands (before or after the swabbing) to avoid contamination.
FINALLY, PACK THE SAMPLES
- Wash your hands again.
- Fill your details on the submission form and barcode label your tube, biohazard bag and the box Return the spare barcode stickers with the sample.
- Place the tube with the front part of both swabs inside the biohazard bag and seal it tightly.
- Make sure your details are correct on the form.
- Place the sealed biohazard bag and the form into prepaid cardboard envelope / Jiffy bag.
- Your sample can only be posted back in Royal Mail priority post boxes in the UK. You can find the closet one to you here Royal Mail.
- Why do I need to activate my test?
Activating the test allows alldayDr to verify the barcode within the test kit. The laboratory cannot process the sample if the test kit is not activated
- Does this test tell me if I have COVID-19?
The swab test will tell you if you currently have COVID-19, not if you have been infected in the past.
- When will my home testing kit arrive?
Your test kit will arrive within 2 working days of your order being approved by alldayDr
- Posting my sample back to the lab?
Your sample must be posted in a Royal Mail priority post box in the UK. This ensures your sample get to our partner lab as a priority.
- When will I receive my results?
Once the lab has received your sample, it can take up to 3 working days excluding weekend. We'll send you an email and notification as soon as your results are ready.
- How do I get my results?
You can view, download and print your results in the ‘Download’ section of your My profile section on your alldayDr app as soon as they are ready.
- What are the different results from the swab test?
Three possible results, a positive result, negative result or an inconclusive result. An inconclusive result is often due to a poor sample or damaged swab. Please follow the instructions provided in the test kit carefully.
- Am I able to speak to someone about my test results?
If you have any question regarding the outcome of your test, you can book a video consultation with one of our doctors here https://www.alldaydr.com/online_doctor
- Does alldayDr.com report testing numbers and results to Public Health England?
Our partner lab reports the number of tests they perform and the results to PHE.
- Can I get a fit for travel certificate?
Once your results are ready you can view and download your results from the ‘Downloads’ section in “My Profile” on the alldayDr app.
Please check it will be accepted with your travel company/airline before you fly. If you want to use this certificate to travel.